We welcome patients from Dubuque, Davenport, Cedar Rapids - Iowa
Galena - Illinois
When you look in the mirror, do you wish for a more attractive, younger-looking smile? A dazzling smile boosts your self-confidence and creates a positive first impression, so important in today’s competitive world.
If you are ready to take your smile to the next level, porcelain veneers may be the solution. Dubuque, Iowa cosmetic dentists Dr. Ted Murray and Dr. Kristen Berning can help you achieve your perfect smile, using the very latest cosmetic dentistry techniques and procedures to achieve the most stunning results.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are very thin ceramic shells bonded to the front of your teeth to correct:
- Minor imperfections and flaws
- Stained or discolored fillings or teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Tiny chips and uneven tooth length
- Crookedness and misalignment
Many cosmetic dentistry patients choose porcelain veneers because they look and feel very natural and can be perfectly color-matched to your own natural teeth. Dental porcelain is highly stain resistant and your veneers can last for years with the same daily care you give your natural teeth.
The Porcelain Veneers Process
Your beautiful new smile with porcelain veneers takes two dental visits.
- Dr. Ted Murray or Dr. Berning chooses the size, shape and color for your veneers. Each tooth is prepared by gently roughening the surface, reshaping it to make room for the veneers and ensuring a very secure fit. A highly precise impression of your teeth is taken, then sent to our state-of-the-art dental laboratory, where custom fabrication of your veneers takes place.
- Your new veneers are examined. If you are satisfied with their appearance, the application process will begin. The surface of each tooth is thoroughly cleaned and a composite resin cement applied to securely attach each veneer. The resin cement is very safe and highly effective.
In these two easy visits, you can enjoy the stunning smile you have always wished for. Many of our patients are surprised that their veneers feel so weightless and natural. They often tell us it is a pleasure to enjoy such a dramatic smile makeover that requires no special maintenance, other than normal brushing and flossing and regular dental checkups.
An alternative to porcelain veneers is dental bonding, which is quicker and simpler although it does not last as long. The choice depends on your goals, your dental conditions and your own preference.
The next time you look in the mirror, ask yourself if porcelain veneers can help you look younger and feel better. Please call or email our cosmetic dentistry office to schedule your consultation. Exceptional Dentistry services the Iowa communities of Dubuque, Cedar Rapids and Davenport.
Monday- Thursday 8am-5pm
4200 Asbury Road
Dubuque, IA 52002