We are providing routine and essential dental care at Exceptional Dentistry with enhanced santitation and social distancing protocols.
Our office is following the recommendations for dental offices from the Iowa Dental Board, the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We have enhanced guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety:
- You will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via text, phone, or email and asked a series of health-related questions. It is required that you complete this health screening questionnaire. Patients and their households must be symptom free for 2-3 weeks prior to an appointment.
- We will repeat the same health screening questionnaire with patients on the day of the appointment.
- We are limiting the use of our waiting room to promote social distancing. Please remain in your car until we communicate via text or call that we are ready for you to enter. Arrival procedures will guide you from your car to a treatment room.
- Please wear your own face mask into our office.
- A team member will meet you in the reception area, take your temperature with a touchless thermometer, give you hand sanitizer or ask you to wash your hands, and take you to a treatment room.
- We ask that only the patient comes in and that no parents or siblings accompany the patient into the office. Of course, we understand there are situations where this may not work and we will be flexible such as for young children. Escorts must wear a face mask into the office and complete the required health screening questionnaire, so please inform us ahead of time.
- Communication is made among team members to limit patients at the front desk area for social distancing.
We have also implemented the following upgrades:
- HEPA + UV-C air filtration units in each treatment room
- Hospital grade sanitization with Hypochlorous acid (HOCl) fogger after each patient appointment
- Utilizing external chairside suctioning units for aerosol procedures
- Pretreatment hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse to reduce germs
- All high touch spots in the office are cleaned frequently
- Increased barriers between treatment rooms and plastic shields at front desk
- Our team members' health is screened daily, and they are wearing enhanced PPE (full gowns, N95 respirators, level 3 masks, face shields and eyeprotection, surgical scrub caps)
We want you to know the safety of our team and patients is a top priority, and we are willing and available to answer your questions. We stress the importance of coming to appointments on time and not late canceling especially if you have been prioritized and are taking the spot of someone else who needs a dental appointment during this time.
We are so grateful for your cooperation, understanding, and support!
4200 Asbury Rd
Dubuque, IA 52002