We are providing routine dental care at Exceptional Dentistry with enhanced sanitation and social distancing protocols. It has been over 1 year since March 2020 when our office was closed temporarily due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Since returning to deliver routine care in May 2020, we continue to serve our patients’ important oral dental health needs with ongoing attention to health, sanitation and safety.
Our office is following the recommendations for dental offices from the Iowa Dental Board, the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We have enhanced guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety:
- You will be contacted 24-72 hours prior to your appointment via text, phone, or email and asked a series of health-related questions. It is very important that you complete this health screening questionnaire to keep your scheduled appointment. Patients and their households must be symptom free prior to an appointment.
- We will repeat the same health screening questionnaire with patients/parents on the day of the appointment to ensure there are no changes, as required by the Iowa Dental Board.
- We are limiting the use of our waiting room to promote social distancing for our patients. Please remain in your car until we communicate via text or phone call that we are ready for you to enter. Arrival procedures will guide you from your car to a treatment room.
- Please wear your own face mask into our office as required by the Iowa Dental Board and our local citywide mask mandate.
- A team member will meet you in the reception area, take your temperature with a touchless thermometer, give you hand sanitizer or ask you to wash your hands, and take you to a treatment room.
- We ask that only the patient comes into the office when possible. Of course, we understand there are situations where this may not work and we will be flexible such as for parents/ care givers to accompany young children, etc. Escorts must wear a face mask into the office and complete the required health screening questionnaire, so please inform us ahead of time.
- Communication is made among team members to limit patients at the front desk area for social distancing.
We have also implemented the following upgrades:
- HEPA + UV-C air filtration units in each treatment room
- Utilizing external chairside suctioning units for aerosol procedures
- Pretreatment hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse to reduce germs
- High touch areas in the office are cleaned frequently
- Plastic shields at front desk
- iWave-R professional air purifiers: bi-polar ionization generator designed specifically for treating air in duct A/C systems
- Our team members’ health is screened daily, and they are wearing enhanced PPE (gowns, N95 respirators, level 3 masks, face shields/ eye protection)
We want you to know the safety of our and patients and team is a top priority, and we are willing and available to answer your questions. We stress the importance of coming to appointments on time to allow us to continue to deliver exceptional care with our enhanced protocols.
We are very grateful for your cooperation, understanding, and support!
4200 Asbury Rd
Dubuque, IA 52002