LightScalpel CO2 Laser
The LightScalpel CO2 laser is an advanced laser device that produces a concentrated beam of light. The highly focused CO2 laser beam vaporizes cleanly and precisely to deliver superior care for soft tissue procedures. The LightScalpel allows for mimimized bleeding, less swelling and discomfort, reduced risk of infection, shortened surgery time, faster recovery and better results. The laser is commonly used in our office to perform frenectomies which is a procedure to release tight tongue and lip ties, when the lingual frenum or maxillary labial frenum is too short and restrictive. Tongue and lip ties can cause problems with breastfeeding, bottle feeding, swallowing, speech and other long term functional concerns. The LightScalpel CO2 laser can also be used to remove soft tissue enlargements in the mouth such as fibromas or bulky gum tissue. In addition, it can be used on canker sores and cold sores to speed up the healing time.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF LIGHTSCALPEL LASER PROCEDURES?
Here is a list of some of the many advantages for patients that the LightScalpel laser technology provides:
- Minimized Bleeding: As it vaporizes the tissue, the LightScalpel laser seals small blood vessels. This great reduction in bleeding makes surgical procedures quick and easy. In many cases, no sutures are required.
- Less Swelling and Discomfort: The LightScalpel CO2 laser beam seals lymphatics, resulting in less post-operative swelling and discomfort associated with traditional scalpel surgery.
- Reduced Risk of Infection: The sanitizing effect of the laser reduces the risk of infection and means faster healing.
- Shortened Surgery Time: Less bleeding results in the improved visibility of the surgical field. The surgeon and the team do not have to spend much time trying to control the bleeding, and as a result, the duration of the surgery is reduced.
- Faster recovery: Reduced trauma, minimized bleeding, less pain and swelling, and shorter periods of anesthesia mean, in most cases, you can go back to work or school the same day.
- Reduced Risk of Scarring: Several studies have shown that CO2 laser-irradiated areas, (compared to traditional methods) heal with less wound contraction and scarring due to the reduced amount of myofibroblasts at the surgical site.
- Advanced laser tools mean better results: The lightweight ergonomic handpieces and flexible fiber waveguide of the LightScalpel CO2 laser allow for enhanced precision with pinpoint accuracy. Also, LightScalpel accessories significantly facilitate surgeries in difficult to reach places.
Ask your doctor if LightScalpel laser surgery is right for you.
FDA CLEARED AND AMERICAN MADE
LightScalpel, the American made 10.6-micrometer CO2 laser is cleared by the FDA for soft tissue surgical procedures, such as frenectomy, gingivectomy, gingivoplasty, excision of fibroma, biopsies, stage II implant exposure, treatment of leukoplakia, laser skin resurfacing, blepharoplasty, treatment of wrinkles, pigmented lesions, rhinophyma reduction, and many others.
Exceptional Dentistry provides family, cosmetic, tooth whitening, implant, and sedation dental care at 4200 Asbury Road, Dubuque, IA 52002 and serves the Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Dyersville, Dubuque, IA and Galena, IL, Prairie du Chein, WI and Platteville, WI areas. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Ted Murray or Dr. Kristen Berning, or Dr. Alexia Oetken please call us at 563-556-2711 or contact us online.